Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A booze filled weekend!




Last Friday, my husband came home from another service travel from Taiwan. I've jokingly told him earlier that day that I was also in the same place as he was while we were chatting via Gmail chat. Ok, so I was using google map to see his hotel. A bit of a stalker I am... Haha!


Later on, at around lunch time P (hubby) arrived and hasn't slept yet except while he was on the plane. His boss flew out the night before and is planning to have dinner with my husband including me and my sister in-law. Pretty exciting as it is my first time to meet P's boss. I was also supposed to go to work but asked my boss that I won't be able to come to the office as I'm going to attend a dinner. My boss gave me the go signal so I was up to attending the dinner. Since P's boss is staying in Shangri-la EDSA, we we're eating there.


So I get to meet my husband's boss and had dinner at a posh Italian restaurant called, Paparazzi. First time to be eating something I couldn't properly pronounce except the word risotto. We also drank a whole bottle of merlot which made me feel hot all over (no pun intended). The dinner was good. My husband, his boss and sis in-law had pretty much conversed while eating dinner. As I was only able to speak some because I was shy and had really no idea what they we're talking about... well some. :)


After a good dinner, we went out for drinks at Billy's rock near the Shangri-la, actually just beside it. I had a lemon mojito which I enjoyed a lot. Had 2 or was it 3 glasses. Anyway, I didn't join them for the tequila shots since I was already sleepy. When the last call for orders was done, I was ready to go home but they still want to go somewhere else. Not wanting to miss the fun, I told them I was joining. So we initially went to Home Depot but seeing there are no bands playing we just went to buy coffee from Starbucks and then proceed to Metrowalk. The last set at Kudos was going to start, so we went there. I pretty much enjoyed the band, but I only drank iced tea. As with the others, a round of margarita again. After the last set, we went home but we first dropped P's boss at the hotel.

Didn't wake up at around 4 in the afternoon the next day... or should I say the same day. Yet another dinner was planned again. This time we went to Greenbelt. Seeing that Merks is not there anymore, we settled to eat at Bubba Gumps. We had fish as it was the main dish they have aside from shrimps. Had a very good heavy dinner, must say. Drinks, they have in mind so went next to Hard Rock Cafe. The second set of the band was on going. Nyoy V was singing ballads. Not much on the jumpy songs which was set for the next one. I had a bahama mama and they had their margaritas. We were seated first away from the main floor but the a/c was good but went to bothersome when it started getting cold. We were transferred to the main floor close to the bar afterwards when some people went home.

On the 3rd set, the songs were more to my liking except for the romantic songs they sang and which P and I danced since we were coaxed by his boss. After the romantic songs, the jumpy songs began, my sis in-law and danced to it. I had to go to the ladies room for a moment and when I came back, they have tequila shots on the table and I had to drink mine. So drink I did. Noted that the liquid smoothly slid in my throat. Wow! The boss just kept it coming as well as the dancing too plus the bahama mama. I'm pretty much dizzy and hot all over afterwards. I was speaking so boldly and pretty much telling them I was embarassed. Not good. The 3rd set came to an end, bills paid and shocked to hear how much it was. P took some time in the men's room had to ask a waiter to check on him. I am so dizzy and was talking pretty fast I think. Then we went home. I'm not sure if I was wasted as I didn't throw up except I was too dizzy to walk straight... It was already Sunday morning. ♣

No comments:

Post a Comment