Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Hope For A Debt-Free Existence



I recently read a book about how I can manage my finances better. I believe that buying the book is one of my Eureka moments. It's a cheap book, actually a slim pocketbook that I read in just one sitting. It may be so but I learned plenty from it.

The author made it humurous and some of his examples were based in his own experiences. There were 7 strategies that he mentioned in his book and these are: 1) save, 2) give, 3) get out of debt and stop borrowing, 4) live simply, 5) magsipag, magnegosyo, 6)invest and 7) educate yourself. And also what I love about the book are the encouraging words from the Bible.


After reading the book, I made a decision that I'll be consitent on saving money to my bank account every pay day. I have to get out from all the debts I have. I must learn to live simply and continue my little sideline at Avon. In time, I can invest to have my own business -- God's will. I will educate myself more about how to successfully manage my finances. These are what I would like to achieve, not tomorrow but perhaps soon. But I really have to start NOW!

Btw, if you are interested about the book, it's entitled "Ang Pera na Hindi Bitin" and it was written by Eduardo O. Roberto, Jr. I got the book from an OMF bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment